Home > Trip Reports > Beta from Hood today?

Beta from Hood today?

3/15/13
OR Mt Hood
Posted by Edgesport on 3/9/13 6:37am
If anyone has any beta on Hood environs from today I would appreciate it.  Even resort beta if you were up.  Just looking to time things right.  Thanks in advance.
Left the White River Sno Park about 9AM.  A pretty leisurely day enjoying the sun had us at the top of the face between White River and Skylar bowl about 1PM.  Conditions on the face were variable with ice, windblown, and soft snow.  It skied well enough but you had to be on your toes.  We did not encounter any crust, but I think that will change for tomorrow.  On the way out, the South facing slope next to to the center moraine skied the best, but mostly because it was consistent mash potatoes, not because the snow was particularly good. The center moraine was definitely crusting over by 2-2:30.  Overall a great day with all the sun, but snow conditions were nothing special.

Newton today: Skied surprisingly well given my expectations.  Grabby to light breakable crust to pow in the trees on the right aspects.  Skin track on the approach will be solid ice in the am if the sun doesn't come out. Seemed like things low were getting Corny by 11-12. Higher stuff severely wind hammered. Slurpee conditions around 230-3 on the exit.

Thanks guys - clock change made me miss the ride Argh!  I guess I didn't miss much.

author=Edgesport link=topic=27839.msg117147#msg117147 date=1362972050]
Thanks guys - clock change made me miss the ride Argh!  I guess I didn't miss much.

Skied Timberline today with my son.  Started off just fine under cloudy skies and soft snow.  By 3:30PM we were completely soaked from the rain.  The entire upper mountain was socked in for the majority of the day.  Looks like you owe the time change one.

Yesterday, on the other hand, had it's moments:

Reply to this TR

beta-from-hood-today
Edgesport
2013-03-09 14:37:47