Home > Trip Reports > may 6 chair peak basin

may 6 chair peak basin

5/15/05
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by stihlfree on 5/6/05 9:27am
so i was dog-sitting today for a friend, and thought why not take this dog up to the snow.   so pup (daisy) and i went out the door and hiked to the snow lake trailhead and she set the pace for the rest of the way.  after about three miles with the skis on the pack we were finally in some snow.  from the saddle over looking the lake i was able to put the skis on and start skinning.  we went up near the large rock, the "thumb tack" according to Beckey, that sits near the bottom of the snow field beneath chair peak and shared our lunch of cold left over pizza.  
so due to time restrictions we took off back down and found one area that was good for a yo-yo, so to the confusion of daisy we went back up.  
the skiing was probably the wettest snow i've been in.  it was fun and easy to ski in but a little slow. after the third time putting the skins on they were almost useless.  along the way up i had good views of the Alpy side of the valley.  there seems to still be alright skiing there for those willing to sweat their way up there.  Nash still looked like it would be alright, and great scott bowl seemed alright but lots of rocks starting to pop out.
all in all we had a wonderful time, got in some turns, and wasted plenty of time. all some of my favorite things to do ;)   if anyone wants to come up some weekday next week let me know.  i'll probably go back up there and would rather have someone else around to go up higher.

Reply to this TR

may-6-chair-peak-basin
stihlfree
2005-05-06 16:27:57