Home > Trip Reports > Feb 9, 2013, Silver Peak slopes

Feb 9, 2013, Silver Peak slopes

2/9/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by John Morrow on 2/9/13 1:34pm
Started up from the Silver Fir parking lot at Summit Central about 45 minutes behind Silas and his cadre' of folks I intended to ski with.  Skinning along the right side of the runs brought me to Grand Junction quickly.  From there I took the Blue Diamond/Nordic Pass Trail through Nordic Pass to Ollalie Meadows.  

The Blue Diamond Trail is very well marked now.  Then it was up along the big clearcut and into the NW Basin of Silver Peak.  

The party had made a run off the high knoll at 5200 feet and I skied down to catch them on their second climb.  

Two more climbs and ski runs in the varied terrain and I was ready to call it a day.  

Snow was very good with an average of 10 to 12 inches of dry recycled powder over a base that the skis never seemed to reach.  Thanks to Silas and company for helping me motivate!!

More pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23557848@N03/sets/72157632733264774/
Good photos and comments on your tour.  ;)

It was nice to meet you John!

Nice to meet both you guys. As I was coming up into the basin I saw a tele skier making a perfect, fast turn coming off the ridge. I wish I'd had my camera out. Turns out it was John. I too was by myself at that time, and I started to follow your skin track so I could gain that ridge and put some alpine tracks next to your magic tele turns. Then I saw that random guy that was also by himself, so I went up the main bowl and shortly the whole group caught me. Very nice day. Glad someone got some good shots!

Reply to this TR

feb-9-2013-silver-peak-slopes
John Morrow
2013-02-09 21:34:18