Home > Trip Reports > Feb 9, 2013- Alpental to Granite traverse

Feb 9, 2013- Alpental to Granite traverse

2/9/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Pete A on 2/9/13 10:59am
Becky and I had plans to do this tour a few days ago when Saturday's forecast looked a bit sunnier, but we figured we might as well give it a go today despite the less than sunny weather. 

One of these days we'll try the traverse with Kaleetan thrown in, but we opted for connecting Melakwa Lake to Tuscohatchie Lake via skiing down alongside the Pratt River till about 3500ft and then climbing over the divide between the Pratt and the Tuscohatchie Lakes.

Skiing down the upper bit of Granite was a less than stellar mix of sun crust, icey old snow, and vertigo inducing whiteout, though the snow improved the further down we got and found some legitimately good snow once back in the trees.

A good adventure, next time hopefully we'll get some views too. 
Nice work!  Sounds like you were smack in the clouds the whole day.

Nice work! I really need to get familair with the Snoqualmie area BC, thinking of going out tomorrow!

Nice work and thanks for the good beta.  I was up with my kids at summit central, annoyed at the whiteout, wondering what it was like elsewhere.  Conditions improved for us, in terms of snow softening, later in the day, but it seems that visibility gradually deteriorated.

Nice trip.  ;)

Reply to this TR

feb-9-2013-alpental-to-granite-traverse
Pete A
2013-02-09 18:59:25