Home > Trip Reports > Feb 2, Kaleetan-Roosevelt Circumnav

Feb 2, Kaleetan-Roosevelt Circumnav

2/2/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by RyanPete81 on 2/3/13 2:08pm

Holy Diver, that is some strong work!!!!
Do you still have a link available to your Picasa site?
Missed your report in April thanks for the great beta.
John

author=RyanPete81 link=topic=27339.msg115044#msg115044 date=1359958119]
...and skinned and booted our way to the high point north of Roosevelt's true summit (Roosevelt 'skier's summit'?).

So nice to see (rare) accuracy regarding Roosevelt's summit proper!

Definitely an ambitious route for Saturday, with all those diverse aspects...  good day for recon though!  Thanks for the report.

Here's my picasa album for this trip.

Here are my photos from our April 2012 Roosevelt-Chair figure 8 variation (Wildcat Traverse).

author=John Morrow link=topic=27339.msg115051#msg115051 date=1359988240">
Holy Diver, that is some strong work!!!!
Do you still have a link available to your Picasa site?
Missed your report in April thanks for the great beta.
John

We knew the sun and warming conditions would pose a challenge, so we planned the route around this for the most part. There were some minor on-the-fly alterations to the plans along the way, but open lines of communication and observation made these changes seamless and efficient. Excellent recon trip to an area that doesn't get visited all too often during the winter.

author=cumulus link=topic=27339.msg115059#msg115059 date=1359999024">
So nice to see (rare) accuracy regarding Roosevelt's summit proper!

Definitely an ambitious route for Saturday, with all those diverse aspects...  good day for recon though!  Thanks for the report.

Ryan I think you said it right on the drive home that we encountered every kind of bad snow possible...  Still an awesome exploratory tour into some relatively deep territory for a day trip out of Alpental - gotta love how much Snoqualmie pass area has to offer when the snowpack is in!
couple of my pics:
1) entrance to the Holy Dive
2) W Face of Kaleetan Pk, in the belly of the beast.

Awesome trip, you guys! Even though the snow was crap, it looks like you were able to access some really unique terrain.

Reply to this TR

feb-2-kaleetan-roosevelt-circumnav
RyanPete81
2013-02-03 22:08:39