Home > Forum > Armada JJ binding mount.

Armada JJ binding mount.

• zestysticks
  • [zestysticks]
More
31 Jan 2013 18:08 #208341 by zestysticks
Armada JJ binding mount. was created by zestysticks
I bought a pair of JJ's this year and mounted a pair of Baron's on them. I unwittingly requested the factory mount not realizing how far forward the factory setting is. iIt is almost but not quite center. After 10 or so days riding them in varied conditions to give them the benefit of the doubt I have come to the conclusion that I don't really like the set up for backcountry pow. I am considering remounting the binding back about 2 inches back. Question. Does anybody have any experience with this? How will this ski ride with the bindings back? What difference will it make if any? I have my own hypothesis but.... Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brownc9
  • [brownc9]
More
01 Feb 2013 08:50 #208351 by brownc9
Replied by brownc9 on topic Re: Armada JJ binding mount.
Discussed here: www.tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/8-Tech-Talk search for JJ mount

More
03 Feb 2013 08:29 #208373 by drex27
Replied by drex27 on topic Re: Armada JJ binding mount.
Agreed. I have the JJ's mounted as factory recommended and they seem a bit forward. I think you would be fine going 2 cm back and I'm considering doing the same myself My wife skis the women's version VJJ at 2 cm back and loves them.

• zestysticks
  • [zestysticks]
More
13 Feb 2013 22:56 #208625 by zestysticks
Replied by zestysticks on topic Re: Armada JJ binding mount.
Because of the mount pattern of the Baron's I first moved the bindings back -7. Meaning that I only had to drill 5 holes and not 9. This gave me proportionally the same binding positioning as what I have on my Atomics.
The JJ's did not ride well at all. It was a real washout. Not enough tail on the snow with the early rise. In the end I mounted the bindings at -4.5 and after several days riding them I am really quite excited how they feel. No more dive bombing in deep snow and still centered enough that the sidecut works. Drill and learn. My apologies to JP and Julien. The JJ was probably never designed or intended for such a traditional set up, but it still works - at least IMHO.