Home > Trip Reports > January 25-27 Rogers Pass

January 25-27 Rogers Pass

1/25/13
Canada BC
Posted by KW on 1/31/13 12:23am
With only a week in between I made a 10 day mission to tour the powder highway. Earlier in the month I had done an abbreviated loop in which we managed to hit the last major storm cycle before a ridge of high pressure camped out over much of BC for January.

Recap of last trip

By Wednesday a storm formed off the coast and was dropping into Revelstoke (aka powder heaven) So we made the mission from Nelson to revy normally a 4.5 hr drive.

It was coming down and 6 hours later and having to rally trough 30cms of unplowed snow we made it to Revy. On route we had called our buddies who were to meet us Friday and told them that calling in sick and leaving early was in their best interest.

Morning "Guides Meeting" to determine our objectives

Having spent almost 50 days in Rogers Pass I can sniff out a powder stash like a local. Did we even find powder. 50cms of light density snow made for an amazing few days.

Blower!

Token splitboarder

The second day we hit up Napolean spur which is sledom traveled cause it is a major pain to get in and out of that place but it is normally worth it.

We made quick work of the terrain and busted out almost 2000m of touring that day.

This is what you look like after skiing up a road for 3km after 9hours and 2000m vert

It was a sweet trip!

Full write and details
powdergangster.ca
Part 1 of the Powder Highway tour
Photo's of the full tour

author=lrudholm link=topic=27266.msg114853#msg114853 date=1359651146]
Wish I had dual citizenship.

I wish we had cheap beer.

Reply to this TR

january-25-27-rogers-pass
KW
2013-01-31 08:23:33