Home > Trip Reports > January 27, 2013, Hurricane Ridge/Hill

January 27, 2013, Hurricane Ridge/Hill

1/27/13
WA Olympics
Posted by telemack on 1/28/13 8:26am
Maybe runcle will add a photo or two after this little post.  myikat and I met up with him and his friend Ken and headed out the ridge road.  We took a run off the NE slope/bowl below road's end, then climbed Hurricane Hill, went off its N side and ran into some friends who just happened to be laying a skin track out, summitted the Hill again, and returned via Steep and Icy and the the uphill grunt to the cars.  SE-SW aspects had a couple of inches on the old refrozen inversion crust, while lee- and north-facing slopes had 6" to over a foot of nice snow.  Much more fresh than expected, not super bonded but only little sluffs on the crust.  Better vis. than we feared. 
Mac:

As requested.....

The flat light made for some difficult photo ops... You guys ski pretty well for a couple of old geezers :)

Doug:  thanks for the pix. 
That second photo looks like I might do alpine turns at times---don't blow my cover.... ;)

Runcle, thnx for the local knowledge. Nice shots. Your skiing is amazing on the Neolithic gear you sport. Too much work for an old geezer.

Looks like conditions were quite good!  Glad to hear it.  Hope to join up with you guys soon.  ;D

Reply to this TR

january-27-2013-hurricane-ridge-hill
telemack
2013-01-28 16:26:54