Home > Trip Reports > January 17, 2013, Summit West

January 17, 2013, Summit West

1/17/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 1/17/13 9:26am
We were planning on arriving at 10am, but pushed it back until 11am because of the fog.  It was still a bit foggy then, but we could see the sun trying to poke through.  We met with Carol, Bryan, Craig and Doug.  This was a great meeting because for 10 to 15 years we have only backcountry toured with them, and then mostly on hut trips in British Columbia or in the Eastern Sierra.  Damn it was good so see them and to tour with them.  We had mentioned that we going to skin up and ski the groomers.  Carol said her knee was a problem so she was interested in the groomers, but even so she left us in a minute and was a third of the way up the slope ahead of us.  ;) The groomers were in perfect shape.  Jill and I did 1.5 runs and 1200vf.  We were moving a bit faster today, and enjoyed every minute on the slope.  Jill took a picture of the last run of the day.  I was skiing the groomer€™s track and practicing my short swing turns.  My endurance is getting better. We met Trevor, a Summit employee and backcountry skier, and it was great to meet him.   

Reply to this TR

january-17-2013-summit-west
Zap
2013-01-17 17:26:00