Home > Trip Reports > January 12, 2012- Rossland Range - 7 Summits Area

January 12, 2012- Rossland Range - 7 Summits Area

1/12/13
Posted by KW on 1/17/13 4:39am
The final leg of last weeks Canadian powder highway tour landed in Rossland. This area seems to be off the radar and shadowed in the peaks of Rogers and Kootenay pass.  We took some great local beta and made are way to Mt. Plewman.

This area is famous for the 7 Summits Bike trail in the summer which is classed as one of the classic epic mountain bike riders. This trip confirmed that I need to do that ride!

As we crested the treeline our plans changed from skiing to knocking off a good portion of this classic alpine traverse.

The half day turned into a long alpine traverse and as the light faded we grabbed some amazing north facing turns in the glow of sunset.

Now sitting at home my thoughts have returned to completing the whole 7 summits traverse in the spring.  Skiing in BC has been outstanding this year and I am packing as we speak for another week for sun and powder!

Full Report here powderganster.ca Stay tuned for some more reports next week!
The snow looks like it's amazing still!  Plewman is sweet! 

The locals there are really friendly and it's a great location.  The new lift on Grey next year is going to push the side country out towards Plewman (not that far tho).

Really stoked for your sweet trip!

That new lift will change the game. The cat is running skiers in and out of the grey area. Now.

Looking at that plewman area the back side tree runs look sooooooooooo good.

Going to explore there more Wednesday.

Reply to this TR

january-12-2012-rossland-range-7-summits-area
KW
2013-01-17 12:39:11