Home > Trip Reports > Jan 8 2012, - Rogers Pass - McGill Shoulder

Jan 8 2012, - Rogers Pass - McGill Shoulder

1/12/13
Canada BC
Posted by KW on 1/14/13 4:52am
A couple buddies and I packed up the road trip mobile and headed out for a week in the BC interior. We left Vancouver in a raging storm driving as fast as we could to get ahead and over the Coquihalla before things really went south.

The storm thankfully stalled and it gave us one day before things would change and the avi danger would go sky high.

We had limited options on permit area choice and It was grizzly shoulder with 20 other groups of 6 groups into McGill. I had some great turns last year in McGill and was comfortable managing the terrain.

Turns like this from last year made the decision easier.

As we ascended the steep uptrack the visibility changed and we got a peek of Sir Donald. The skyline left line is the classic alpine climb that begs to be climbed one of these years.

3 hours of climbing and 1100m later we reached the skiing.

This was just the first part of the trip. The next part continues to the southern Kootenays. Where it got even better. Check back for more reports soon!

Full Write up and Pics at powdergangster.ca
That looked worth your time!
Mikeski4 and Mikeski5 are great shots!
Thanks for sharing.

McGill Shoulder loooks good and the shots of the second part look great.  ;)

author=Zap link=topic=27005.msg113797#msg113797 date=1358203041]
McGill Shoulder loooks good and the shots of the second part look great.  ;)

The back half of the trip was good for sure!!  Made it really hard to be sitting at my desk today. Good thing is that I won't have to wait to long. Out on another trip starting Friday! Hoping to get some more stuff done in the Kootenays!

Reply to this TR

jan-8-2012-rogers-pass-mcgill-shoulder
KW
2013-01-14 12:52:16