A week after Crystal's final-final closing I thought it would be nice to have a look at conditions up in Campbell basin.
A lot of snow has disappeared since last week but there was still a solid 3 feet or so up at the new lodge. But it was very warm and rain clouds threatened all day. Snow conditions were firm spring corn and the skiing was very good.
I followed Queens run up because it's the most sun protected. After reaching the top I was a little surprised to find no one else there. In fact it wasn't until I skied all the way down to the base that I saw another person.
It looks like the snow will hold up another week IF the predicted rain doesn't hit it too hard this Saturday night & Sunday.
To climb up the mountain was our decision. But what happens on the way down is life's decision.