Home > Trip Reports > twin lakes (columbia)1-11-2012,

twin lakes (columbia)1-11-2012,

1/11/13
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by alecapone on 1/12/13 1:30am
My knee is still stiff from my silly drive way incident. Didn't feel like being  burden to anyones ambitions, I decided to go cross country snowboarding. Kind of glad. I really hate to pass up the opportunity to step into skis ten minutes from home.

Parked at the end of the index galena rd at the washout. The 'trail' around the washout is easy to follow. Lots of boot prints and pink tape marking what will hopefully soon become a real rd. That would make the next 6 miles a lot quicker... but then again, im skiing ten minutes from home.

The road had fresh on a crust that would break if I stepped too hard. I decided to help the locals and work in the community trailor the first few miles. Then I s as on my own. The crust have become much more supportable, and from this point on back was frozen and a non issue.Travel was fast and easy without skins.

When I reached troublesome I turned up the valley and followed the west shoreline of the west fork. When the forks forked, i began climbing the south west shoulder of columbia. Went pretty easy to lower twin. Much easier then I thought. 

Sourhwest face of columbia was begging to be ridden!

Instead of listenin this time, I enjoyed some where near 2g of a reasnably good cold and hot pow..no crust.  then I reversed it all not really cutting much off the return time due to a few breaks for warm drinks.

feel free go get rad. Skin track is in, leave early.

stay safe, stay thristy

Reply to this TR

twin-lakes-columbia-1-11-2012
alecapone
2013-01-12 09:30:17