Home > Trip Reports > January 11, 2013, Summit West

January 11, 2013, Summit West

1/11/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 1/11/13 8:55am
Jill and I arrived at Summit West at noon.  The sun was shining, there was blue sky, and the slopes were being groomed.  The lifts would open at 4pm, so it was the perfect time for climbing on the groomers.  It was in the 20€™s with no wind. This was a special day:  Jill had new boots and poles, and it was the first day that I€™ve climbed since having my pulmonary veins stented last summer at the Mayo Clinic.   The stents opened up those veins so that I€™m getting more oxygenated blood flowing through my heart €“ and I could really feel the difference!  We only climbed 720vf, but it felt great.  I can breathe again!  I started climbing, and Jill just watched me with a big smile.  It took us 50 minute to climb the 720vf, but it was great.  It was so good to be out climbing again, and Summit West was the perfect place for the first time out.  And it was fun to ski a groomer€™s line to practice short turns.  Jill was having fun skiing with her backcountry gear.  I€™m feeling good. ;)
I tip my hat. Good work!

Zap is on the climb!

Nice photo.

You're looking good too!  You two are an inspiration.

Darn ,I just knew you two were up there somewhere . Laurie and I skied all over Central looking for you. Finally drove around 200-230 and saw two skiers at rest on west. Must been you. Good job on a  fine day !

Congrats bro and here is to continuing down, or really I should say up, the road you are on. Inspiration move me brightly!!!

Zap - excellent. Glad to hear you are doing even better!

Rock on Zap & Jill  :)

Looks like the "Master's Tour" is just around the corner ;)

I'll come break trail ;)

Great TR Zap&Jill -- so happy you're still pushing hard.

Reply to this TR

january-11-2013-summit-west
Zap
2013-01-11 16:55:33