Home > Trip Reports > Jan 7, Skyline Ridge

Jan 7, Skyline Ridge

1/7/13
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by snoholic on 1/7/13 8:02am
Tried to sneak in some laps before the warm up. Kinda worked. Skied S.E. facing terrain near upper radio tower and found more new snow than expected and very reactive conditions. Natural slides all over the place due to tree bombs or terrain features . We could release some surprisingly large cohesive slides on Modest rollovers with very little ski cutting effort. A smooth bed surface with some ball bearing snow under the heavy wet surface layer was allowing things to move with unexpected velocity. 8"-16" crowns. We did manage to get some nice turns in among the carnage :) I hope the gaggles/murders/and pods do some snow evaluation the next few days in this area. One lap was enough for me.

Pict. is typical of what we saw. Lots of new will be on top of this in the next few days. Hopefully crushing it into submission.
Thanks for the report, I had a feeling this would be a bad cycle after the last week or so

Timely! Thanks!

Think ill smoke some meat today... canadian bacon, and a brined bird, inspired by the Jessels. Everytime I see raw poultry, I think of you two.

Reply to this TR

jan-7-skyline-ridge
snoholic
2013-01-07 16:02:26