Home > Trip Reports > jan 5 mt spokane

jan 5 mt spokane

1/5/13
Posted by k-root on 1/6/13 1:49am
Arrived in my hometown friday evening after three weeks on the road; and it was great to be home.  After a leisurely breakfast and conversation at huckleberrys, Scott and I piloted the Bu out to the valley and north past the ranchettes towards Mt Spokane.  After entering the state park and posting proper parking decals we were on our way.  Temps were high twenties in Farenheight and touring was comfortable.  Above the clouds the veiws  were incredible.  Skied the west arm from the top stone lodge down to 4k.  Difficult tree skiing with some intermittent great turns into old growth hemlock and the start of the watershed.  Skinned back towards Kit Carson-not recommended if you are out for turns but its a great leisurely walk back to the top on snowmobile tracks if you're out to see the country for an hour or two. 

Switched the dynafits over in to four low for the snowmobile hill climb back to the top.  Two four stroke ktms with track kits joined.  Visibility cleared at the top for a great ski back down to the car. Coverage is just enough in the woods to keep the alders from grabbing the  tips.  No crust yet.  Two inches of new fresh at my place, at 2300', and its great to be home.  ;) 

Reply to this TR

jan-5-mt-spokane
k-root
2013-01-06 09:49:13