Home > Trip Reports > Dec 28, West Kendal Peak, Prime Rib and Au Jus

Dec 28, West Kendal Peak, Prime Rib and Au Jus

12/15/12
Posted by Fall City Brian on 1/4/13 2:36am
A bit late with this report...  Fantastic day ski touring the west flank of Kendall Peak with my brother Eric (aka Freeskier) and Summit the powder hound.  Got an early start from Summit West parking, touring up through Commonwealth with the valley socked in with fog.  At about 4,200 feet the mist was letting incredible sunrays beam through the trees.  We were getting stoked the higher we climbed.  Ascending into the Kendall bowl, we were greeted with perfectly deep blue skies and virtually untracked lines of snow.  We promptly laid down two incredible 600' fresh laps in the bowl.  My best this season.  We decided to break for a snack prior to our third lap.  I pull out my usually fair of a rock hard froxen Cliff Bar and some trail mix.  And Then!!: miraculously Eric pulls two fat Prime Rib sandwiches out of his pack and a thermos full of pipping hot Au Jus!  Fine dining in the sunshine with spectacular views of Alpental, Rainier, the Tooth, Chair and so forth.  Trust me fellow Tay'ers, you will want to hit up Eric for your next tour - he's raised the bar.  We proceeded with our third lap continously down to the vallet floor regaining the exit tobaggan.  Good times, great ski partner and prefect day.

Great tour and photos. You are getting spoiled with the lunch.  ;)

That's a lot less tracks then Thursday

Reply to this TR

dec-28-west-kendal-peak-prime-rib-and-au-jus
Fall City Brian
2013-01-04 10:36:18