Home > Trip Reports > December 30, 2010, Mt. Cashmere, NW Face

December 30, 2010, Mt. Cashmere, NW Face

12/30/10
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by Pete_H on 12/31/12 10:15am
Even with snomo access to 4200, the appoach still felt lengthy. Found stable, wind-effected, but soft snow on the face and the 2000 vf uninterrupted run down to Lake Victoria. After a short descent we intersected tracks from a party that had just come down the "Goat's Breath" coloir. We availed ourselves of their track and made a short skinning traverse; then enjoyed the 3000 vf powder run to Icicle Creek, making it down just in time for dark and a draft of Wild Turkey before making the ski / snomo run back to the car.

Photos courtesy of my illustrious partner-in-crime, Eric Wehrly.
Yeah Boyz! Looks like an awesome day. Glad you had some fun

super fun descent--the tour and terrain reminiscent of the Spearhead area in Whistler parts--and a beautiful dry-snow winter day in the E Cascades.   

The first pic above shows the face we skied, steepest up top, and mostly pow!

Here's looking back at our tracks:

much thanks to pete and kat.  can't wait to go back! 

more pics here.
(edit: fixed link)

Awesome -- been up that side in the summer, drooling at what a good ski it would make.  Nice work!

Easily in my top 5 favorite runs in Wa...the fall line is so straight forward despite being broken into 3 distinctly different sections...the images look like it was even more delightful from the last time we did it...(not quite from the summit)

Thanks for sharing Eric and Pete...

Roj

Thanks Roger.  I knew the line was skied by Harlin and Armin 03 but hadn't heard anything about it since then.

Great descent guys! That's a cool looking face. That's high on my list now.  I think Kyle Flick skied this by accident last year.  PUTlinkTEXThere

Reply to this TR

december-30-2010-mt-cashmere-nw-face
Pete_H
2012-12-31 18:15:20