Home > Trip Reports > December 30, 2012, - ONP - Klahhane Ridge

December 30, 2012, - ONP - Klahhane Ridge

12/30/12
WA Olympics
Posted by Gary_H on 12/31/12 12:28am
Sunshine, powder and good friends, what else do you need for a fun day in the mountains?

Jan, Jeff, Mrs. Stormking and I spent the day skiing boot top to knee deep on the north side of Klahhane Ridge. We were joined by two other groups of locals later in the day.

I think the pictures say it best;

1. Jan, Jeff and Christine at Victor Pass, Mt. Angeles in the background
  2. Jan dropping into the North Bowl
  3. Afternoon sun

Gary
Nice work and way to avoid the crowds!

It was a busy day out there with more skiers and shoers than I have seen all season!

Gary etc:  great looking day.
Doug:  lots of good tracks in that first photo of yours.  We should drop the knee together again....

author=telemack link=topic=26750.msg112859#msg112859 date=1357081041]
Gary etc:  great looking day.
Doug:  lots of good tracks in that first photo of yours.  We should drop the knee together again....

Mack:  I'm down for a turns reunion!  Check your PM

I thought I would be solo today but I should have known better with the great weather. Ran into Tyler and Katy of Pacific Alpine Guides showing off their new toys at the Pass and a bunch of other folks from outside the area.

Clear skys and still great powder conditons on the north side. Some sun crust on southern exposures

Wow!

Way to go...  What a perfect day.

Hopefully our schedules will align again soon. ... And the cool weather keeps those northern slopes in good condition :)

author=runcle link=topic=26750.msg112864#msg112864 date=1357085912]
Ran into Tyler and Katy of Pacific Alpine Guides showing off their new toys at the Pass and a bunch of other folks from outside the area.

New toys = DPS skis. Katy's second day on her Yvette 112's... "Give the gift of uncontrolled childlike laughter this holiday season".

Super fun day, great to cross paths Doug.

Reply to this TR

december-30-2012-onp-klahhane-ridge
Gary_H
2012-12-31 08:28:29