Home > Trip Reports > December 24, 2012, Snoqualmie Pass

December 24, 2012, Snoqualmie Pass

12/24/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 12/24/12 8:43am
Mother Nature continued her Christmas week giving us 5" more fresh snow today, so we enjoyed tree skiing in 15-18" fluff with occasional blue skies, sunshine, snow squalls, and very light wind.  Again the senior sitters took good care of the trailbreaking.  Thanks, good health, good snow, and good friends, what else could a guy want for Christmas?

https://vimeo.com/56267725
looks like a fun day.  conditions were good out there.  it was cool running into you guys in the parking lot (both times).

Susan and I overnighted at Wildcat Lakes. Real TR to follow.

Skiing good on all aspects where sheltered. Last night's snow didn't bond all that well, saw two shallow natural slides on that interface, probably triggered by rock/tree plops. Best skiing S of Gem lake; sluffs ran easily 15 inches down.

Cresting the Snow Lake Divide by moonlight was sublime.  Huge thank you for the skintrack at the end of a long day!

Merry Christmas all!

Various N-E aspects between 4-6K shed snow readily on steeper slopes.  I say various meaning not definitively definable, i.e. always take NWAC forecasts with a grain of salt and always exercise your in-the-moment contextual backcountry powers of observation.

Fun day. Fantastic moonlight!

If Silas or Charlie ski many more days in a row, I'm going to pull my hair out with jealousy.  Merry Christmas to all the prolific skiers!

Thanks Silas foir the great Christmas Present.  How'd you know I wanted powder runs... lol
An all smiles day -Thanks!

Tried to post a few small images, but just get website error messages...

A short clip of the top of one of the runs

Carl is in there somewhere

Great seeing you guys at the beginning and ending of the day!

Thanks for the invite Silas  ;D

http://youtu.be/Zya5wmEyKB0

You boys must have been good this year! No coal here!

Reply to this TR

december-24-2012-snoqualmie-pass
silaswild
2012-12-24 16:43:46