Home > Trip Reports > December 14, 2012, Lichtenburg Mountain

December 14, 2012, Lichtenburg Mountain

12/14/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by jtack on 12/14/12 1:19pm
With all the snow put down at Stevens Pass, and all the great trip reports, I felt like I needed to get out and have a taste.  There was about 4 inches of new, and it was cold enough to keep it fluffy (25f).  I was a little worried on the way in, it was a little crusty under the trees, but once we made it out of the woods, it was 12 inches of ski penetration, with a little sun crust on last weeks snow.  It was overcast, with the occasional sun break, when the sun came out it was spectacular. 

We made good time and were at the base of the last pitch in time for lunch.  I dug a quick pit, to see if we wanted to tackle that last  slope under the summit, there was a crust down about 12 inches that seemed to be the primary concern, but it appeared to be very durable, so we pushed on. The climb to the summit went well, with the sun adding a spectacular show.

The ski down was wonderful, the light was a little flat, but great snow made up for it, you could feel the crust, but it really was nothing to worry about.

A great day of skiing.
Great report and photos j.

Prolly my favorite tour at stevens. Ill keep an eye out for the shovel.

Thanks Scott, I think with the snow we are getting tonight the shovel is a goner till spring, but the turns tomorrow should be fantastic.

I agree. Great pics!  I've added another tour to my list

Thanks for sharing.

Reply to this TR

december-14-2012-lichtenburg-mountain
jtack
2012-12-14 21:19:46