Home > Forum > Fritschi / Dynafit Mounting Question

Fritschi / Dynafit Mounting Question

• astrov
  • [astrov]
More
14 Dec 2012 09:54 #207570 by astrov
Buddy has skis that were mounted for Dynafits. If I wanted to grab those and put Fritschis on them (Freeride or Eagle, let's say) would there be a problem with the mounting screw placement or do they use completely different patterns, and thus, could be re-drilled? I'd rather have Dynafits (I guess) but they are pricey and I have no problem skiing on Fritschis.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2012 12:23 #207577 by Web
The pattern is completely different.

You'll need to fill the old holes and potentially move the mounting location for the new bindings to avoid drilling in part of a hole from the previous mount.

If you can afford it I'd recommend getting a shop to mount them for you. I believe it runs about $50.

FWIW, dynafits are preferred by most people that I know over Fritschi's. The weight is a huge factor but also the touring mechanics and downhill performance are typical arguments against Fritschis. Arguments for them I've heard involve the ease of step-in and ability to use alpine boots.

More
14 Dec 2012 12:25 #207578 by Robie
Different patterns. Holes can be filled and redrilled for Fritschis.  I 'd shop for Dynafits unless you have the Fritschis.

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
16 Dec 2012 09:58 #207604 by Randito
Replied by Randito on topic Re: Fritschi / Dynafit Mounting Question
Fill the holes completely with J.B.Weld using a toothpick, scrap off the excess from the topsheet, apply masking tape over the holes, flip ski top side down, let cure in warm room overnight. Remount as if they were new -- use J.B.Weld to glue screws.

• astrov
  • [astrov]
More
16 Dec 2012 11:34 #207607 by astrov
Replied by astrov on topic Re: Fritschi / Dynafit Mounting Question
Thanks for helping a newb.

Due to the forum's suggestion I go with Dynafit, and due to the fact that the donated / lent skis are drilled for Dynafit, I picked up a used pair of Garmont Megarides yesterday. I will look for a pair of Dynafit bindings I can drop on to these skis - hopefully without having to have them professionally mounted. I might just bite the bullet and buy the Dynafits new. O_O

More
16 Dec 2012 20:07 #207613 by gregL
Good call; if you tour much at all on the Dynafits you'll thank your lucky stars you didn't decide to do it all on Fritschis.

Compare your boot sole length with your buddy's; it will help determine which Dynafit model you're in the market for. If it's within a few millimeters you can probably make any model work, but the adjustment range of the Speed/Classic models is only a few mm (total range is ~1cm). If your sole is significantly longer or shorter, the Comfort/Vertical/Radical bindings have more than 2cm total adjustment range, but beyond that you will have to redrill for the heelpiece at least.

More
17 Dec 2012 09:03 #207617 by ron j
Which reminds me, Greg, I forget, did you say you just accepted a position at EVO.com as a... was it a tech... or was it a bootfitter?

More
17 Dec 2012 20:24 #207623 by gregL
That was last year, Ron, and I do a bit of everything . . .