Home > Trip Reports > April 14, 2005, Paradise Mazama Back bowl

April 14, 2005, Paradise Mazama Back bowl

4/14/05
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Robie on 4/14/05 7:58am
Andy ,Regine ,Gary,Jeff and myself had Paradise to ourselves.Jeff and I skied from Alta Vista east down to the road giving us a quick taste of the effects of the morning radiation. So we happily skied the back bowl destroying  north aspects in medium to light density. good skiing. Solar radiation killed all east and south aspects. Some wet sluffs were coming off rocky areas of 911 (southfacing). About 3 " fresh over a slight crust then another 13" or so of heavier unconsolidated. North facing was minus the crust of yesterday.Surprise ,cornices are finally forming in April! The return run down west facing Mazama was also excellent skiing.Visibility was come and go  Snowing as left. More good news!
Robie  
Nice report, Robman.  Playing hookey again, eh?  ;)

nice report, Robie.  btw, when we goin' biking?  Casshole and i found some mud at Tiger Mtn. tonight.  

I mt biked Tues and Wed night at Victor falls. no long drops there but lots of XC workout.Kam do you use headlamps?
When we are on our deathbed we sure as hell ain't going to be thinking "Wished I woulda worked more day"

Kam do you use headlamps?

does a worm sh*t dirt?  

but you know, it's more exciting without... 8)

Victor falls eh? okay.  but you can't go too fast.  i only have one gear: 36-18, and no shocks.

When we are on our deathbed we sure as hell ain't going to be thinking "Wished I woulda worked more day"

true.  probably more like, "wished i had wider and longer skis"

Reply to this TR

april-14-2005-paradise-mazama-back-bowl
Robie
2005-04-14 14:58:23