Home > Trip Reports > December 8, 2012, Lichtenberg Mtn. Ski Around

December 8, 2012, Lichtenberg Mtn. Ski Around

12/8/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by jwplotz on 12/8/12 2:54pm
Kyle Flick, Sean (last name unknown) from Leavenworth, and I skied around Lichtenberg Mountain starting at Smith Brook rd. 

We got an 11.30am start, and thanks to some hearty trailbreakers before us, had an easy go of it for the first couple miles.  There was a lone snowmobiler who was making a very comical attempt at sledding the rd., utterly destroying the nice skin track.  I think he made it a couple hundred feet each go, only to be buried up to the top of the machine, thus starting another cycle of laborious digging just to get back moving.  Good times.

After breaching the saddle above Lake Valhalla, we skied down to the lake, then contoured below Lichtenberg, south to the chutes above the hiway where we had a fantastic run on very stable, foot and a half or so of light powder. 

The kick and glide back to the smithbrook pullout from Yodelin was uneventful, as anticipated.
Nice tour, I  have never skied that slope, but have sure looked at it, sounds like you had better conditions than across the road. Thanks for the report.

That place sure does draw the sledding crowd. Awesome circuitous route.

I thought you were in hibernation? Nice to see that Kyle woke your ass up.

I guess I could only deny the touring season so long.  I'm still convinced Vantage will be comfortably climbable all year too this year.

That's a groovy route. Good to hear that Kyle has overcome his discombobulations.

Admit it. You were just looking for an opportunity to use "discombobulations."

Kyle is working his way back, one McDonald's angus burger at a time.

looks like fun! angus burgers eh? man those things are gross! wendy's has the good stuff.

Nice! The one time you ski at the pass all winter and you dont give me a call.... ;)

Elk burgers at the alpine inn.

Wendy's, not so sure.  Elk burgers sound a bit wild.  Veggie burger at Gustav's is the ticket.

Scott, we thought you'd be constructing your winter yurt somewhere.  I sent you an email...

Reply to this TR

december-8-2012-lichtenberg-mtn-ski-around
jwplotz
2012-12-08 22:54:27