Home > Trip Reports > December 7, 2012, Yodelin

December 7, 2012, Yodelin

12/7/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by LukerBee on 12/8/12 2:02am
Heavy deep snow made for some brutal trail-breaking up to Yodelin - three hours just to get up road to where the lifts were. Had a few comical instances of 'swimming' when one of us would punch down and have to work out of it.

We got most of ONE run at Yodelin proper - in deep heavy stuff. Hard to keep your tip up. Ran into a few parties who had come up via the lodge. Similar reports of harsh trail-breaking and taking only one run (of marginal quality).

Too soft to ride out the road. So we had to work our way out too. Walked down the highway in the snow as darkness fell.
Yeah there were quite a few patience testing moments. My skinning muscles are pretty sore today but I should be feeling good the next time I get out! Thanks for the invite Luke.

We keep thinking about going there and keep going elsewhere.  It's good to hear how things are there (even if taxing!); thanks for the report.

RandoBro and Nedster over from the Kitsap Peninsula to tour at Yodelin.  Long drive, 2 missed ferries, NW concrete...

TR right on, heavy, brutal conditions up and down.  Took 6 of us, and 2 dogs, over three hours up from lot!  Met up with SLB and boarderbro near top.  Ten hearty souls! 

Drop a line if headed to the Olys!

Reply to this TR

december-7-2012-yodelin
LukerBee
2012-12-08 10:02:37