Home > Trip Reports > December 6, 2012, Blewett Pass trail maintenance

December 6, 2012, Blewett Pass trail maintenance

12/6/12
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by glenn_b on 12/7/12 1:59am
Revisited the Lilleby aka XC 15 and/or Haney Meadow trail behind Diamond Head with Michael and Pico, who brought chainsaws.  We finished the last stretch from the bottom of the first talus slope off Diamond Head to the hairpin turn just before the Windy Gully.  The trail is now clear except for two large trees just below the aforementioned talus slope.  These can be detoured around to the east.  Ski it with caution until more snow accumulates as some things are either on or just below the snow surface.  There were a couple of inches of wettish snow on the vehicle when we got back for a greasy drive home highlighted by a semi-truck in the ditch near Mineral Springs.
Thank you Glenn, Michael and Pico!!

Glenn, Pico and other dude I don't know you guys rock! 

I was thinking about you guys when I heard about the Mission/Snoqualmie mid-week share, were you pretty psyched?

You guys skiing the lifts or doing any touring at the pass this weekend?

Later.

author=alpine-earth link=topic=26383.msg111374#msg111374 date=1354940929]

I was thinking about you guys when I heard about the Mission/Snoqualmie mid-week share, were you pretty psyched?

You guys skiing the lifts or doing any touring at the pass this weekend?

Didn't know about the Mission thing but am now psyched.  All I know about this weekend is that some little tree is going to die.

thanks Glenn and company.

Reply to this TR

december-6-2012-blewett-pass-trail-maintenance
glenn_b
2012-12-07 09:59:46