Home > Trip Reports > Nov 19-28 The Frigid tour

Nov 19-28 The Frigid tour

11/15/12
Posted by snoholic on 11/30/12 2:17am
To escape the warm and wet we headed North.  Here is a very brief description of what we found. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Nov, 19 Left Seattle
Nov, 20 49 Degrees North. Snow Coverage to base area. Raining and sloppy, did not ski. Area not open.
Nov, 21  Schweitzer. Good coverage to base area. Packed powder to 8" Snowing hard. Toured area. Area not open. Cold
Nov, 21 Kimberly BC. Good coverage to base area. Powder to 12"+ perfect corduroy. Toured area. Area not open. Cold
Nov, 22 Panorama BC. Thin coverage to base. Powder 6-12" over dirt. Toured area. Area not open. Cold
Nov, 23 Lake Louise AB. Skied lifts and sidecountry. 6-12" powder. Area 100% open.  Impressive area. Cold
Nov, 25 Kicking Horse BC. Thin coverage to base area. Skipped skiing. Area not open. Looked Marginal.
Nov, 25/26 Rodgers Pass BC. Good early season cover at pass and at parking to the Asulkan hut. Toured to Asulkan hut area. 12"+ Powder. Extremely cold. Ski to car from hut no problem.
Nov, 27 Revelstoke BC. No snow at base. Area closed. Skipped skiing.
Nov, 28 Home

This was a perfect early season closed area/backcountry ski tour with 4 relaxing Hot springs in route.
Jealous. Way to get after it, Zack, but give yourself credit for the trans-province portion. I think you were skiing in Alberta at Lake Louise.

Sounds like a great trip. I'll have to visit that hut someday

holy moly Zack--a panorama! My expectations are rising...

nice to see where you've been.  Let's see some hotsprings!

Question:  Which place had the best beer selection?
Way to stomp it  8)

Rad trip! Way to get after it!

Rodgers Pass  ;D

Green with Envy.

need more pics

Reply to this TR

nov-19-28-the-frigid-tour
snoholic
2012-11-30 10:17:08