Home > Trip Reports > Nov25, 2012, The Chimney of Table

Nov25, 2012, The Chimney of Table

11/25/12
Posted by Vince Lamphier on 11/28/12 9:54am
    Wow! What a beautiful day on the mountain. The scenery was some of the best I've seen in the area for awhile, at least for the days that I have been out. I got up early and headed for a friends but he had other business to take care of for the day and couldn't join me , so it was just me and my two dogs. We hiked out in the beautiful scenery and took a few select photos along the way. It was so gorgeous out that I had to keep my head down and hike or I would not get anywhere. It's kind of nice when your out there alone and you only have to think of your pace, so I did stop and photograph a little more than I would have if I was with a party. I noticed that there was a firm rain crust, so I new I was going to be riding some bulletproof areas coming into the shaded north facing aspect of Table. I hiked around the chimney towards the west side of it and decided I would drop in over in that area. My dogs were scitterish on the steep terrain in the area, so I had to grab them by the collars and get them started down the hill. That was kind of a pain but I got them through the rough spot and we were on our way. The terrain was as expected, a bit icy and a lot of bumps on the traverse back over towards Grammas. The ride wasn't that great but the hike was.

More PICS HERE!

The b&w images are looking great!!

Reply to this TR

nov25-2012-the-chimney-of-table
Vince Lamphier
2012-11-28 17:54:59