Home > Trip Reports > November 22, 2012, Alpental Upper International

November 22, 2012, Alpental Upper International

11/22/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by snakeman on 11/25/12 6:02am
Last year at this time took a number of tours to the top of Alpental. My best tops to bottom inbound runs were before the area opened. The powder was deep and untracked top to bottom. Arrived at the lot around 10:00 am hoping for some of the same this year. There were quite a few folks touring. Most were skiing in the vicinity of Lower International. I went up Sessel then cut left up the cat track to the top of Chair 1. Was surprised to see that a track had not been cut to the top. Decided to forge forward although would have liked it someone younger than I blazing the trail. The skin up was good until I hit the top of Rollen. It was tight and steep. I have had trouble getting up this in the past but was forced to boot pack the last 30 feet. This was the first time I had to take my skis off. Ran into Greg whom is an Alpental regular. We headed to the top. The snow was good and was excited about first tracks down International. Greg discussed going down Edelweiss bowl but my legs had been cramping and did not think I could do more than one lap. International was untouched and smooth with about 12 inches of fresh at the top. Greg and his dog Nash dropped in first which was I would think the first tracks of the season. I took pictures. Upper International was very good  but not quite as good as last year, There was a cliff at the bend and other obstacles that I had never seen on International, probably from the low snow pack. Upper international was great but Lower International needs more snow. We skied the skiers left side of the bowl. I went more center and there were a lot of holes and hidden rock. Lower I was a struggle for me with tired legs and consolidated snow, All and all a great day. The goods were at the top. Too bad we were the only ones to experience it. What is the secret to posting pictures??
Hopefully the attached link works.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90415057@N06/

Flickr: Your Photostream
Nice first post! Enjoyed the pictures, too.  There's a post at the top of the monthly top reports devoted to posting pictures, but your flicker line worked perfectly.  I remember last November's deep fluffy power, too.

Reply to this TR

november-22-2012-alpental-upper-international
snakeman
2012-11-25 14:02:45