Home > Forum > HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP

HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP

• Jay Mon
  • [Jay Mon]
More
25 Nov 2012 13:47 #207172 by Jay Mon
HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP was created by Jay Mon
I'm doing a little mini-study for my developmental psych course and need subjects ASAP. All you have to do is fill out an anonymous survey, with pretty typical demographic info.

To be eligible you have to spend at least 10% of your time or approximately 36 days per year engaging in sports with an inherent risk of death. More is OK also. To standardize this we're looking at skiing, rock climbing and mountaineering. Days spent doing any combination of the following will suffice:
1. Backcountry skiing in avalanche terrain >~30 degrees
2. Mountaineering on Class 3 routes and above or steep snow, particularly with an exposure rating of 4/6 or greater.
3. Big Wall Climbing on 5.10 or above or difficult routes with R or X ratings.

If you're interested please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Include a very brief resume and some examples of the above. I know some folks keep a log of this so if that's the case feel free to just attach it.
Cheers and Thanks in Advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jay Mon
  • [Jay Mon]
More
27 Nov 2012 12:17 #207196 by Jay Mon
Replied by Jay Mon on topic Re: HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP
So I screwed that one up. The correct email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. If you emailed me previously please resend.

FYI for every participant recruited from TAY, I'll donate $2 to the site. I'd do more but I'm an unemployed, full-time student, ski bum. Possibly the worst kind.

OH YEAH AND IT'S DUE NEXT WED DEC 7TH. I've been out skiing and squeezing in the remaining bouldering instead.

The survey should take 5-10 mins and is completely anonymous.

• Marcus
  • [Marcus]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Nov 2012 14:04 #207199 by Marcus
Replied by Marcus on topic Re: HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP
Thanks for the thought Jay -- TAY makes enough from its sponsors to keep the lights on, but I appreciate it.

Consider donating that $2 to FOAC/NWAC instead?

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Dec 2012 12:36 #207283 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP

So I screwed that one up.  The correct email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..   If you emailed me previously please resend. 
OH YEAH AND IT'S DUE NEXT WED DEC 7TH.  I've been out skiing and squeezing in the remaining bouldering instead. 
The survey should take 5-10 mins and is completely anonymous.

Hey Mon!
I sent you a reply to the new email address on Nov. 27. Haven't heard back. Do you want survey responses?
Also, next Wednesday is Dec. 5, not the 7th. When is it due?
Lots of folks here at TAY are interested in studying the psychology of our sports. I'd like to send you a survey and see the results of your study posted on TAY. You may want to skip a bouldering "sesh" and get down to it. ::)
Forgive me if personal or school issues are preventing your prompt replies.

More
02 Dec 2012 10:51 #207299 by blitz
Replied by blitz on topic Re: HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP
Mac, make sure you dont give him or SSN or town of birth, he's not quite a regular here ;)

• androolus
  • [androolus]
More
05 Dec 2012 21:46 #207409 by androolus
Replied by androolus on topic Re: HELP!!! Study Subjects Needed ASAP
Wow, are items 1 and 3 really even in the same universe? Is this some kind of troll? I'm glad that I'm not likely to die when I fall on a 30 degree ski slope. Are there a lot of people who actually climb "difficult" X rated routes?