Home > Trip Reports > 11/23/12 Baker Ski area to Artist Point

11/23/12 Baker Ski area to Artist Point

11/23/12
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Lynden Don on 11/23/12 11:51pm
22nd Annual DDSD  (Don's Designated Ski Day)
This years outing brought WET snow showers & gusty wind, in other words a typical early season ski day at Mt. Baker.  It was a late start from the parking lot, why brake trail all the way to Artist point, when someone else can do it for me.  Along the way I chatted with a guy who was Yo-Yoing the Blueberry Chutes, he reported that aside from wind drifted hollows things appeared fairly stable.
Made my way up to the Artist Point outhouse, which by the way provides an excellent early season snow break, and dug out a little grotto to get out of the stormy weather.
After a little digging and adjusting clothing it was time to settle in for a well deserved cup of Chai and lunch.

18 months and counting

Don

Nice tour, Don.  It's impressive to see how buried the outhouse is already.

Hey Don, I was the splitboarder you talked to. Glad to see someone documenting the stormy day. Nice work on the 18 months!

Rowen, I'm the shorter of the two dudes you did laps with. I figured you'd be on here or TGR or something of the like. Let me know when you make it back to town. We didn't have a camera that day since it was so wet, but if it looks like it'll be below freezing all day, I usually take pictures. There are some zones you don't post on the web though...

Cory T.

Reply to this TR

11-23-12-baker-ski-area-to-artist-point
Lynden Don
2012-11-24 07:51:56