Home > Trip Reports > Nov 15 Stevens Pass

Nov 15 Stevens Pass

11/15/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by David_Britton on 11/15/12 8:53am
Thinking of catching the last of the blue sky for a while, I made a dash for Stevens and found nothing but fog and crust. Hard supportable crust from the lodge up to abt 4500 feet, then increasingly soft, and occasionally breakable crust on up to the top of Southern Cross lift, at 5700 feet. 12" base just about everywhere.
For future reference: Stevens always has "Fog and Crust" but... I hear that Crystal has amazing Powder!  :)
Thanks for the recon scout, Dave.

Nope. Crystal is all rocks and ice. I think Summit West is where all the blower pow lands.

And it always sucks at Alpental, especially outside the area.  Nothing to see here.  Just move along.

well all the baker guys say it only rains up there, so where do all the pow shots that show up in the magazines come from? 49 north?

Nope 49 North is only low angle with nothing worth mentioning, photos must come from Loup-Loup.

Yup, and Hurricane Ridge is definitely a Nope, 'cuz it's so far away, short, unreliable, and all the snow has salt water in it.

author=Cayuse link=topic=26097.msg110268#msg110268 date=1353101914]
Nope 49 North is only low angle with nothing worth mentioning, photos must come from Loup-Loup.

Yeah! Pretty much a flat-assed bunny hill with really crappy snow and no tree skiing, whatsoever  ;)

Reply to this TR

nov-15-stevens-pass
David_Britton
2012-11-15 16:53:53