Home > Trip Reports > November 12, 2012, Stevens Pass

November 12, 2012, Stevens Pass

11/12/12
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by GregLange on 11/12/12 8:54am
Not a huge tour, but a good one nonetheless...

Waking up at 5 AM on a holiday could only mean 1 thing: FRESH SNOW! Driving alone in it up to Stevens Pass, greeted only by ski area workers, with a "Good On Ya!" for getting out into the white room. Today was a cross-country day, climbing up about 400 vertical feet VERY slowly. The plus was quietude and about 14 inches of nice snow. The minus was - Oh, there wasn't any!!

Drove home to Led Zep ZOSO, and had a big smile i remembering that my friend April had just performed 'Stairway...' on Saturday nite, with the Seattle Rock Orchestra!

I LOVE it when I can be the only skier in a fresh, untracked field of snow. This round of flakes is due to melt soon, but they're a-comin' to stay in a week or so. I am feeling some mental health sick days coming in my near future!!!
NICE!  I'm impressed that the Pass has enough to slide on.  I figured you would still be skiing on the base.  Good to be wrong.

I took my xc's with just that thought in mind. Shoulda brought my rock touring set-up and skins. Woulda been much more turn-y. However, an excelent day, nevertheless...

Reply to this TR

november-12-2012-stevens-pass
GregLange
2012-11-12 16:54:13