Home > Forum > Jeff Renner to present at Marmot in Bellevue

Jeff Renner to present at Marmot in Bellevue

• Michael
  • [Michael]
More
01 Apr 2005 05:19 #171448 by Michael
This was forwarded to me...<br><br>Jeff Renner, KING 5 chief meteorologist and author of the brand-new book, Mountain Weather (The Mountaineers Books), will present a slide show and book talk on Tuesday, April 5, at 7:30 p.m. at Marmot Mountain Works in Bellevue. The event is free and open to the public.<br><br> <br><br>In his many years as a meteorologist, Jeff Renner has seen countless problems and accidents in the backcountry due to weather. In Mountain Weather, he teaches you how to avoid becoming a statistic -- all it takes is a little basic weather knowledge, pre-trip planning, and vigilance on the mountain. <br><br> <br><br>Jeff Renner is chief meteorologist for KING-5 TV, an NBC affiliate in Seattle, Washington. A former flight instructor, he is an avid skier, climber, and hiker, the author of Lightning Strikes: Staying Safe Under Stormy Skies, and a contributing author to Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills, 7th Edition.<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skykilo
  • [skykilo]
More
01 Apr 2005 08:36 #171452 by skykilo
That's all it takes eh? Maybe I should go see him, if I can get a panacea from a free little talk at Marmot and a book. Sweet. ;) 8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.