Home > Trip Reports > 10.24.12 Tamarack Peak

10.24.12 Tamarack Peak

10/15/12
Posted by kam on 10/24/12 5:35pm
last month I managed to scrape together 120 months of turns.  It was somewhat of a challenge given the conditions we have around Reno, but you know, there is usually a trace of snow somewhere to be found...

Enter October.  But earlier this month it was relatively warm and dry.  So same same as September. 

About 1.5 weeks ago, on Saturday Oct. 13, I went out again looking for snacks.  My wife Allyson asked that I not stray too far from home, particularly from cell phone reception.  At a special place south of Reno, Gabe and I found this little gem:

It was skiable. And I've skied worse.

Two days later, our son Phirin (pronouced 'feer-in') was born.  Good timing.  Mother and baby are doing very well, and 21-month old big sister Norie seems OK with the new addition.

This week the weather changed very quickly.  Despite the lack of sleep, I managed to keep a watchful eye on the storm and early this morning Chris T. and I went out looking for snacks to find this:

In spots it was about 18" deep.  Other spots not so much, but we did manage to accumulate a few good teaser turns through 'bottomless' dry powder.  Again, I've skied worse.  I hope this keeps up to make up for what we experienced last year....fingers crossed!
Congratulations, Allyson and Kam!  Good timing, indeed!

author=kam link=topic=25872.msg109390#msg109390 date=1351154135]

...Two days later, our son Phirin (pronouced 'feer-in') was born.  Good timing.  Mother and baby are doing very well, and 21-month old big sister Norie seems OK with the new addition.

ROCK ON ALLY and KAM!!!
Can't wait to see him. How about a shot with Phirin and Norie together :)

Congrats, and well done!

WOW!  Love your sense of understatement..  Scrolling down from pic 1 to pic 2 was definitely 'in your face'
author=kam link=topic=25872.msg109390#msg109390 date=1351154135">

.. Again, I've skied worse... 

that looks pretty darn good from here.

Awesome Kam!  Yeah, we need a Phirin/Norie shot for sure.

I like Gabe's fat powder skis in that first pic.  Chalk one up for optimism!

Reply to this TR

10-24-12-tamarack-peak
kam
2012-10-25 00:35:35