Home > Trip Reports > September 15, 2012, Ptarmigan Ridge

September 15, 2012, Ptarmigan Ridge

9/15/12
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by thatoneguydave on 9/17/12 2:27pm
On Saturday, Megan and I, went out to the Ptarmigan Ridge to earn my first 'turns all year' and to get her one month closer to her first TAY...just two more months (she just started back country this year and skiing a few years ago)! The area is amazing from the first step on the trail. We followed the trail until we got around Coleman Pinnacle and enjoyed lunch dreaming of all the possible runs if we had more time, but headed back and skied what we could along the trail for 800vf. An incredibly beautiful day, spent with good company, and some great snow. Might just be back next month to ski the Sholes Glacier.  We skied patches of snow along the trail, but the Sholes looked great from our lunch spot.

Met the Baker Boys, Terrance and Bob, on the way up.  Nice to meet you two...saw you out on the Sholes, but had my wide angle so no good photos of you two.

Usually don't travel this far north, but after this trip I don't know if I can stay away.  Amazing area.

Photos in the link below:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105664275472153507536/120915PtarmiganRidgeSkiTour?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Beautiful pictures - and congratulations on the year!  It sounds like Baker was a place to be this weekend.

That was quite the day to be up there.  It my first day up there and I was utterly impressed.  Too bad the clouds came out and blocked the sun from heating up more corn.

Nice pics and report.
author=thatoneguydave link=topic=25646.msg108390#msg108390 date=1347946033]
Usually don't travel this far north, but after this trip I don't know if I can stay away.  Amazing area.

The Bellinghamsters are probably shuddering at that sentiment...  ;)

Reply to this TR

september-15-2012-ptarmigan-ridge
thatoneguydave
2012-09-17 21:27:13