Home > Trip Reports > September 1, 2012, A Memorial Ski for Telemon

September 1, 2012, A Memorial Ski for Telemon

9/1/12
Posted by Nick-BC on 9/10/12 1:46pm
Probably a lot of you surf Telemarktips.  However, for those who don't here's a link to our ski day in memory of a wonderful guy - Bob was the real deal :) http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=84042
Excellent.  We were talking about Telemon when we went to the Sholes on Sept. 3, and James wore a pair of loud colorful shorts in his memory.  Bob used to hit Ptarmigan Ridge once or more in the fall.  Every time I see a tele skier drop the knee I yell, "Get DOWN!" the way he used to.

Thanks, Nick, that  was a good trip you guys did in Bob's honor.  I was up on Baker a couple of months ago, thinking of Telemon.  I  would love to hear about the next Double Pole Plant Memorial Ski.  I won't wash my Hawaiian shirt till then...
Cheers!
Don

We're going to make it an annual event and I'll post the details on TAY next year.  Keep that shirt handy RK  :). It was truly deja vu seeing Bob's son in his old red parka and helmet skiing down knee to ski  8)

Awesome tribute Nick, thanks for sharing it.  Share the details next year for sure.

Very cool. Telemon was one of the first people I met when I moved to WA and died two or three days after I met him. Even though I only met him briefly, his enthusiasm was contagious as he heartily welcomed me to WA and encouraged me to find ski partners through TAY.

Its heartening to see that his friends continue to remember him fondly

Thanks so much for the link.  As Mack said above, we talked about Bob and memories of fun trips out to the Sholes and other destinations.  And I really did wear the garish Hawaii shorts in his memory.

Reply to this TR

september-1-2012-a-memorial-ski-for-telemon
Nick-BC
2012-09-10 20:46:43