Home > Trip Reports > September 3, 2012, (Mt) Bachelor Butte

September 3, 2012, (Mt) Bachelor Butte

9/3/12
OR elsewhere
Posted by jtack on 9/3/12 4:57am
Fires in central Oregon made for a spectacular sunrise, not a cloud in the sky, no wind , and just above freezing when I left the pickup.  I have been working in central Oregon, and the snow on Bachelor and the Sisters, has been calling.  It is a wonderful trail, and the vert seemed to glide by.  The moon was so full that the only place I needed a light was in the sections that passed through the timber.  The Indian paintbrush is in full glory at the 8000.

As I made my way Broken Top came into view, followed by the Sisters and peaks further north.

A fantastic view in all directions from the summit.

I started the decent at 0730 and it was quite firm, the first few turns were fairly loud, but as I worked my way around into the sun it improved with every turn. The sun cups were mostly c's and it was about a thousand feet of fun.

Would have loved to take another lap, but had to hurry back to work.  A great September ski!
Nice photos. We were in Bend in August and the snow pack looked healthy.

Nice one Jamie!  I was afraid that second photo showed all the snow that was, but the fifth pic shows some good looking snow. 

You took that shot from the pilot's seat didn't you?  Sweet shot and nice work with the photo emhancements.  Looks like a great ski. 

Reply to this TR

september-3-2012-mt-bachelor-butte
jtack
2012-09-03 11:57:02