Home > Trip Reports > August 26, 2012, Paradise Stash

August 26, 2012, Paradise Stash

8/26/12
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by JibberD on 8/26/12 2:50pm
We thought ron_j was joking at breakfast when he said it would be a 2.5 hour aproach, all uphill of course. This was not a joke and my less than fit body will be paying the price over the next few days, no doubt.

I'm not too clear on the term stash, but somehow to me it indicates something hidden in plain view or close proximity. This ski stash is more like something way the hell out there that not many folks know about because it's way the hell out there.

OK, enough whining. What a stellar day with Mad_Dog, Sonja (sp?), Margie, ron_j and David, aka "slim" in some circles. Lots of sun, amazing views, and good turns. And a really nice group dynamic. Margie taught us how to roll a garbage bag full of shoes down a snow covered slope ;D. True story that proves you never know what's going to happen when spending time with interesting people.

Here's a shot of slim looking sharp, with ron in the background reminding me I am being a jacka%$ for traipsing around the stash without skis on:

Great day to be out! We where the two split boarders that split off on the short carry over the rocks.  We where wondering where you guys where headed.  Got to love those stashes and it looks like you guys got it pretty good.  By chance did any one from your group find a ankle strap on the way back down?  It is a Union strap and is Black/Green, hit me back if so. 

Thanks
Josh

You guys laid down some pretty great loooking tracks on the the PG, Josh.
Well done.
Sorry to say we did not see your strap.

Nice ! doesn't look very bumpy.

Reply to this TR

august-26-2012-paradise-stash
JibberD
2012-08-26 21:50:49