Home > Trip Reports > August 18-19, 2012, North Selkirks, Carnes Group

August 18-19, 2012, North Selkirks, Carnes Group

8/18/12
Posted by Skier of the Hood on 8/21/12 8:12am
Access to this one starts from the same cut block as the previous weekends trip to the Tumbledown Mountain area. The difference is one traverses the north side of the ridge instead of the south side for a significantly shorter travel time to the first glacier (2 hours 15 mins). Sadly the camera was forgotten and someone decided to put the iphone into video mode so there are no pictures of turns, or skis, however we did manage to get some pictures of sunburned hooligans in ski boots.

Conditions are still good out there.

And a google maps of the area we were in.
http://goo.gl/maps/OQ2DN
That looks like some very fine skiing for this time of year.  2 hour hike even.   

WOW! Nice pics! Way to get the goods! I am gonna have to get up there one of these years and check out the main Selkirks some more!!! A few years ago, I skied up out of Balfour, and was really impressed with the peaks north of Kokanee. Such a big North American Range! Lots of sub-ranges, and they sure get hammered with snow and usually with great conditions. Sure looks bigger and snowier than the American Selkirks; in which I tear up regularly down in the Idaho Panhandle. Seems like the access is fairly easy?, and what incredible terrain. You guys have it pretty good up there!

Reply to this TR

august-18-19-2012-north-selkirks-carnes-group
Skier of the Hood
2012-08-21 15:12:53