Home > Trip Reports > July 30, 2012, Artist point bike laps-keys found

July 30, 2012, Artist point bike laps-keys found

7/30/12
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Matt Trost on 8/1/12 5:57am
Dropped bike off at the bottom, drive to the top, snowboard down, bike back up, drive down to drop bike off.....repeat.  Blueberry was nicely groomed (skied).  The much less travelled (Grandma's according to TR on 7/26) was suncupped and the moats on both sides made my butt pucker. 

The foreset service asked if I had been there on Sunday becuase they found someones Toyota keys by the lake.  If you are missing them, contact the FS at Heather Lake.
Good idea with the bike shuttle!  Gave me the thought - If I brought four bikes, I could get four laps without having to ferry the bike back down over and over!  Laziness is the mother of invention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_iB6vOpeWw
An attempt to smooth this line out was made the day before.  The conditions were similar both Sunday and Monday but a little more icy due to lack of sun on Monday.  I'm guessing a few more days at most and Grandma's might be done with.

My buddies and I put in the first turns on that chute! The turns were fun, a little sun-cupped though. It got a lot better on our second lap. The pond skim was by far the highlight of the day. People were going huge, throwing 3's and backflips on the kicker at the end of the pond skim.

Reply to this TR

july-30-2012-artist-point-bike-laps-keys-found
Matt Trost
2012-08-01 12:57:48