March 24, 2005, Sugar Bowl,CA

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Mar 2005 11:20 #211867 by Zap
March 24, 2005, Sugar Bowl,CA was created by Zap
Met Eric(another TAY poster) in Truckee and we headed for nearby Sugar Bowl. 6" fell overnight and the winds were light from the SW. We kept skiing untracked lines in the trees until our quads surrendered about 2:30. The recent storm cycle has deposited from 4 to 6 feet of snow along the Sierra Crest. The backcountry avy conditions are still a bit too high but should stabilize over the next couple days. Although another storm cycle may be heading ths way early next week.<br><br>Zap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2005 16:33 #211869 by kam
Replied by kam on topic Re: March 24, 2005, Sugar Bowl,CA
Zap: didn't know you were in the area. too bad we missed ya. snow was tasty huh?<br><br>-kam

More
26 Mar 2005 06:53 #211872 by ericd
Replied by ericd on topic Re: March 24, 2005, Sugar Bowl,CA
It was great skiing with you on Thursday, Zap. I still can't believe how many times we were able to ski that treed face (I think it is called Strawberry Fields) without crossing a track. Your appreciation and dedication to finding QUALITY skiing is inspiring. <br><br>We ended up skiing at Alpine Meadows yesterday and were able to find a few more untracked lines off the high traverse. It was all hammered by the sun and warm temps by noon though. It looked like people had skiied lines all over the place in the backcountry around Alpine with still more to be had. <br><br>I'm back in Seattle now and it's snowing in the mountains! Have a great trip through the Sierras. I am jealous.