Home > Trip Reports > July 4, 2012, Sunrise

July 4, 2012, Sunrise

7/4/12
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Vince Lamphier on 7/6/12 6:52am
   Me and Luke enjoyed a great day along with everybody else who have been hitting Sunrise and having a great time on delicious corn. We made it out to second Burroughs and and did a lap and then headed back towards first Burroughs and had a spectacular time on some great steep lines. I had my first day without the dogs in a very long time. Not having that extra responsibility was definitely nice. This was my first time to Sunrise and I was more than impressed with the awesome touring choices of the place, Interglacier is definitely on my hit list. More PICS

I accidentally posted twice but cant seem to figure out how to delete one. Oh well! Double your pleasure ;)

I hear you about the dogs.  Being newly back in the dog business, I'd forgotten about the extra responsibility a hound brings.  I've been lucky with mine so far but have seen 'em cut by ski edges and one take a bad fall while trying to scramble after her master. 

Nice pics.  You might enjoy the Fryingpan/Whitman Glaciers if you don't mind a bit of walking.

Removed the duplicate post -- thanks for the TR Vince!

Reply to this TR

july-4-2012-sunrise-2
Vince Lamphier
2012-07-06 13:52:08