Home > Trip Reports > march 21, 2005; bonneville salt flats, utah

march 21, 2005; bonneville salt flats, utah

3/15/05
US elsewhere
Posted by kam on 3/22/05 7:36am

wow. you guys will do anything for a photo, huh.  hmm.  creative. ;)

One more answer to the increasingly-urgent question: "What are we going to do for turns in August and September this year?"

Skip has a few words to say about our trip, here.

Nice ;D

It looks pretty tracked out though, Skip is clearly in someone else's tracks ;)
Looks like it definitely needs a sandstorm for conditions to improve :-)

Creativity in it's finest form.  
Hit any rocks?

Oh, and BTW, Kamster, we covered for you last night at the SMSSGTCR.  You're up next Tuesday!  ;D

Kam-
Did you use your special designed homemade tele waterski combo? It's about time someone put a tele binding on a waterski!
Great photo!
How was crossing the wake?

ron,

the rocks and tumbleweed made for great terrain features - big, big air.  you'd love it.
-s

Oooh I can imagine the nasty, salty wipeout...

Oh, and BTW, Kamster, we covered for you last night at the SMSSGTCR.;D

thanks, Ron!

You're up next Tuesday!

...aahh, Sierra resort (south-shore Lake Tahoe) just reported 48" in the last 24-hrs!  bad roads.  we might have to stay...  ;D

Kam-
Did you use your special designed homemade tele waterski combo? It's about time someone put a tele binding on a waterski!

done

Looks like TOO much vertical for me.

How do you know when to take off your skins?

Ahead of the curve as usual! 8) A unique base grinding technique ;D

not much in the way of face shots at the Salt Flats, but we lucked out in Tahoe though, for example see the movie from Sugarbowl on Wednesday (3 MB).

also, it was a good thing there was over 2-feet of new snow, otherwise my cousin Kam and i would have had a hard time riding these things (5 MB movie).  our conclusion: sidecut is overrated!!

Ahhh...Skip...work is already hard...thanks for making it evne more painful to sit on a chair in front of my computer :-( We'll get back to you ;-)

we lucked out in Tahoe though, for example see the movie from Sugarbowl on Wednesday (3 MB).

Skip- Re: your video clip commentary:  Thanks.  Kick me while I'm down (working 60+ hrs this week instead of skiing the ridiculously deep Sierra powder)...you're dead to me, "friend".

Reply to this TR

march-21-2005-bonneville-salt-flats-utah
kam
2005-03-22 15:36:43