Home > Trip Reports > July 1, 2012, 12:06:08 am

July 1, 2012, 12:06:08 am

7/1/12
Posted by kam on 6/30/12 8:40pm
The location of this wonderful low-hanging fruit of a patch is a secret.  Skiing it in the dark keeps it that way.  Besides, there's not enough of the goods to go around down here because we had such a bad season.  Can you blame me? ;)

There was also another advantage of skiing the goods in the dark.  My friend Ben had to knock out his June and July turns, so think of two birds and one stone....

We started hiking from the TH at about 8:30 pm.  We hiked swiftly, and then by 10:30 pm had covered close to 6 miles, but found ourselves a little lost and wandering around 10,500 ft. in the dark with no patch in sight.  After searching around, scrambling, and schwacking for another 30 minutes, the little gem appeared, so beautiful, so free of rocks, only 6-inch deep suncups (on average), and totally untracked!  Ben made a lap before midnight, then another shortly after.  June and July done for him. 

I had my way with it soon after that.  I have skied worse.

The descent back to the car was enjoyable, and we made it back home into bed before our wives realized we left.

Sweet.
I just told the Rondonniers.
They smiled as they waited patiently in the car for their turn later today. :)

Great "stash" .  ;)

I don't know if I have the discipline for a twofer, but I love the fact that you got one! way to go.

Reply to this TR

july-1-2012-12-06-08-am
kam
2012-07-01 03:40:56