Home > Trip Reports > June 20, Solstice skiabout. MLH/Snoq pass.

June 20, Solstice skiabout. MLH/Snoq pass.

6/15/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by snoholic on 6/21/12 2:14pm
Started day with a quick ascent of Vesper peak. Left trailhead about 7:45. Continuous snow from basin below Headlee on up. Booted up gully to the right of Headlee. Minor hi-jinks getting over cornice at top of the gully. Easy skinning up Vesper. Skied some not to sticky 2"-3" of shmoo down to saddle between Sperry and Vesper. Shred had the brilliant idea of shredding down to the NW from the saddle to Copper lake. Great run down on firm corny snow to no mans land. After a little easy shwakin and boulder hoppin (ski's on) we emerged at a jewel of a lake (Copper) where more Hi-jinks ensued. After frolicking in the lake we had to reverse our route and climb back to the saddle (2000'+-). More fun shmoo down to Headlee where things firmed up a bit and the skiing improved. A quick hike out and it was time to rally to Snoq pass for Solstice.  We were a little late for the party but a few hardy souls were still around. Dragged a BBQ to the ridge and had a few dogs and brews. Great ski down in the dark with Silas hootin and hollering all the way to the car.
Wow! Love that third shot! That is about the best BBQ shot, with beverage, I have ever seen! Kudos to you!!!  :D

author=snoholic link=topic=25184.msg106373#msg106373 date=1340342056] Great ski down in the dark with Silas hootin and hollering all the way to the car.

Bummed we had to skidaddle before the dogs were done. Susan wound up working way into the early morning.

"Hey Silas - you got a headlamp?

No... do I need one?"

Apparently not! :)!

Mucho epic! I should have stuck around silver.

Full day.  Nice.

Sorry we missed you (and the grill) on Silver

Reply to this TR

june-20-solstice-skiabout-mlh-snoq-pass
snoholic
2012-06-21 21:14:16