Home > Trip Reports > June 20, 2012, Silver Peak - 2100 VF

June 20, 2012, Silver Peak - 2100 VF

6/20/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 6/20/12 1:29pm
We're back in true backcountry mode!  Today Jill and I toured all the way up to the ridge at Silver Peak.  We were slow €“ it took us 3 ½ hours to do 2100VF, but we made it.  Wow!  How did we do that??   Along the way up we met (and were passed by) Eric, Silas, Lisa, Nate & his wife, and on the way down RustyKnees and Weaver. The snow was in great shape, there was a nice wind blowing, and it was corning up nicely for our ski down.   We were tired, but not totally exhausted by the end of our first 5 ½ hour backcountry tour.  There were parts of this that were very steep, and we did it, but given Zap€™s stroke and the fact that this was Jill€™s first true backcountry tour since her hip replacement and ACL reconstruction, in the future we€™ll probably stay on things that a little more intermediate in nature.  We had a challenging time getting up the last pitch of that steep bowl, and we both ended up booting up the last bit (Jill after sliding part-way back down!).  Given that our longest tour up to this point was for 1200VF, this was quite an accomplishment!  And we're still smiling to ourselves with satisfaction...   Unfortunately, no pictures today -- this is the one time that we forgot our camera; what a shame because the views were beautiful.

Zap and Jill
Determination! Inspiring. Thank you.

You are both awesome and inspiring.

Zap and Jill
Rock on  ;D

Yeah baby!  Happy Solstice.  Sorry we missed you two.  We had brews with RustyKnees and Weaver at the cars, then skinned up to the ridge for more beers with Silas, Jim O, et. al.  Lovely up there.

Keep on zapping it, Zap!

Bummed we missed you guys - last dash in the evening. Beautiful day!

Welcome back, Zap!

Here's a picture of the highlight of the day for me.

Weaver (Paul) and I met this nice young couple as they were coming down off Silver Peak.

Reply to this TR

june-20-2012-silver-peak-2100-vf
Zap
2012-06-20 20:29:18