Home > Trip Reports > march 19, 2005, mission ridge mini TR

march 19, 2005, mission ridge mini TR

3/19/05
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by aaron_wright on 3/19/05 2:59am
Hi,I am a long time lurker, now new member. I live in Wenatchee, I don't see much about eastside conditions on TAY but the trip reports are interesting and I make great use of the weather links. Well today after painting my bathroom and mounting my new skis I had an itch for some exercise. Looking outside I saw big wet flakes falling and very wet conditions so no bike ride. I looked at the NWAC telemetry and webcam for Mission, Wow! new snow. Having a couple of hours to kill before dinner I drove on up to the ridge in moderate snow, sticking to the road around 3000'. Skinned up from the parking lot in 6-8" nice snow. Turned around at the top of chair 4 and enjoyed nice turns back to the car. Round trip from house was about 2 hours. I will probably go up again tomorrow if it continues  to snow, should be able to ski to top and back if we get much more snow.
Hey great TR ! Keep em coming!
Sounds interesting. Does this mean that Misson ridge ski area won't be opening again? Condition of the snow? Depth ?
Thanks for posting
Robie  

I don't think they will reopen, they have the concrete baricades in place blocking th lower lot and the gate is closed. Someone drove up as I returned to the truck and opened the gate, drove trough and closed the gate behind. I think this was probably an employee just going skiing, because I saw new skin tracks on the webcam when I got home. The snow was pretty good, fairly light and just above the ankle on skis. Skiing on the runs they had open  before they closed will be great for awhile if we continue to have cold temps. Should be able to ski to the top and back if we get much more snow, maybe another foot. Four weeks ago the upper basin(above chair 3 over to bomber bowl) had good coverage and it didn't look like too much loss as of last saturday. It was bare and bony between the top and mid mountain before these last storms but looks to be filling in nicely. I think the NWAC telemetry is a little off usually, I can reliably expect more snow up there than is recorded. Yesterday telemetry had 4-5" about 1700 and when I was ther at 1500 it was more like 6-8"(I might be a bad judge of snow depth though). I think I'll head up this afternoon, It's great to be skiing new snow.

Just back in Wenatchee on Spring Break, I was up there Sunday morning.  Not bad.  Aaron, would you be interested in any trips this week? I am looking for a partner to do something maybe up the Stevens way (or MR again).

Hi, I was up there Sunday from about 1000 to 1200. Not as nice as saturday but pretty good. I have tuesdays and wednesdays off. I was planning on trying to get up there for a few hours maybe both days. I might be able to find some time for Steven's but I'm pretty busy in town. Wednesday might be good though. My phone number is 667-1985. Give me a call, Aaron

Reply to this TR

march-19-2005-mission-ridge-mini-tr
aaron_wright
2005-03-19 10:59:25