Home > Trip Reports > June 13, 2012, Silver Peak, WA Excellent snow

June 13, 2012, Silver Peak, WA Excellent snow

6/13/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by The Snow Troopers on 6/15/12 5:45pm
June 13th, 2012 our small crew made up of Andrew Eckels, Bo Valencia, Qwinn Gundersen, Sting and myself met just after the Mill Creek bridge (and right before the Roaring Ridge turn off) where a large band of snow still remains but the mini awd rv manage to just get through. However, a group of skiers in a small clearance car could have a path shoveled through the snow band long before the time it took to walk to the snow line 2 miles up the road. We were able to drive about 3/8 of a mile before continuous snow which happened to be just before the Mt. Catherine TH. Started the hike with a nice mist coming down and stayed in the thick of it all day. Once we climbed up to the top of the NE Bowl (just before the NW bowl) we couldn€™t even see halfway up the NW Cirque so decided to ski off the Lower Dome. The Spring snow was excellent so we did a couple more laps hitting some of our favorites runs which all had fine visibility because of the trees and rocks.

End of the road on the 14th when we last hit it.

Another please!

Always a great day when it's on the snow, even if it's grey and moist!

"longer than normal" video of the day @ http://thesnowtroopers.com/2012/silver-peak-wa-sweet-steep-pea-soup/

You toured with sting?

Looks more like string.

That's a Rockin' video, Snow Troopers. Nice work.

My old exploders must have been blown away being rode by such an adept jockey as Andrew. The never had so much action in all the years that I owned them.

But I gotta tell ya, Tim, the boots are vintage Dynafits, just like the bindings. And the ski/tour levers worked when I sold them to Andrew... but the plastic cover on one of the lock pins was broken off. Nonetheless, if he wants his money back I'll take them back -- it looks to me like Andrew might have taught them skis some new tricks that I might pick up, if I got on 'em again. :)

author=ron j link=topic=25120.msg106068#msg106068 date=1339870102]

But I gotta tell ya, Tim, the boots are vintage Dynafits, just like the bindings. And the ski/tour levers worked when I sold them to Andrew... but the plastic cover on one of the lock pins was broken off. Nonetheless, if he wants his money back I'll take them back -- it looks to me like Andrew might have taught them skis some new tricks that I might pick up, if I got on 'em again. :)

Just kidding in the vid, because I have never seen such sweet deal for a complete set up (young Andrew is beyond stoked)!!! Also, I skied the same boards back when they were the fattest thing out on the slopes.

Ron, the setup is awesome and it would be ridiculous of me to ask for money back. Maybe i'm confused about the mechanism and there is a way for me to switch from ski mode to downhill mode that i haven't figured out. either way touring in those boots is way more comfy than in my forward leaning downhill boots!

Reply to this TR

june-13-2012-silver-peak-wa-excellent-snow
The Snow Troopers
2012-06-16 00:45:30