Home > Trip Reports > June 13, 2012, - Alpental

June 13, 2012, - Alpental

6/13/12
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by JPH on 6/13/12 3:29pm
After weeks of not being able to line up a schedule window with a weather window (I've found that babies can really lock down that schedule window...) I decided that today after work I would head up regardless of the forecast.  It turned out to be a good call with overcast skies but no precip.

Condition notes:

-Snow was continuous from the top of chair 2 to the base, but there will be some big dry spots at the base very soon. 
-The top of Nash is just barely connected at the entry.  A couple careful side steps avoided losing any ski base, but there will be a couple off snow steps required in the next few days.
-The Rollen fast track never disappoints.

The skiing was great from top to almost bottom, just the last few turns before the parking lot were sticky.  Go pluck the low hanging fruit before you need a ladder!

A few pics for conditions:
Great post, thanks for the report and pics; maybe I'll try again Real Soon Now.

On the babies: true dat.

anyone gone out towards source lake/pineapple/the tooth recently/?

I was out that way Sunday. Continuous snow on the trail from the upper (closed) lot. Watch out for dog poop the first hundred yards. Plenty of snow in the basin.

author=kevino link=topic=25099.msg105991#msg105991 date=1339690123]
anyone gone out towards source lake/pineapple/the tooth recently/?

https://vimeo.com/44073026

A quick video of an outing on monday. Plenty of good coverage left. We should be skinning from the top lot for at least a few more weeks.

since i asked...conditions are indeed continuous from the end of lot 4.  couple thin parts on the return track, but easily managable.  once you get past trashcan there is still loooots of snow. The snowbridge to pineapple pass is still in good shape but you never know when its going to change.  The tooth of course is dry and fun as always.

Reply to this TR

june-13-2012-alpental
JPH
2012-06-13 22:29:20